Following government advice on gatherings and events, the Alston Live committee have been continuously assessing both the viability of running our festival, and obviously whether or not the powers that be would allow us to run the event. We have held back from making any final decision about this until today but feel that we could not leave it any longer.

Although we have been doing everything possible to keep the festival on track, we now have no choice but to postpone the event until next year. Apart from it not being financially viable we also believe it would be irresponsible given the uncertainties surrounding the Covid-19 virus.

If you have any queries about tickets, refunds etc. use our Contact Page to get in touch.

One idea we have had is that we will work to book this year’s confirmed acts for the postponed festival, which we are planning to hold as usual in July 2021. We are also looking at running smaller live events in Alston post Lockdown.

We will keep you informed of how things progress on all of these fronts as soon as we know any more details and are in a position to recommence planning.

Stay safe and wash those hands!